Sunday, August 4, 2013

ScrapbookSteals

Wow what a week, I've hardly had time to sit let alone relax!  *sigh* But at least it's Sunday now, little man is sleeping & the miss is happily reading (The Space Between if you're curious) so I FINALLY have time to myself!

If you've never heard of Steals.com, you owe it to yourself to check it out.  They have twice daily steals for all things baby, kid & scrap/ crafting as well as daily steals for us women to pamper ourselves.  Recently ScrapbookSteals celebrated their 4th birthday with a week-long celebration culminating in one of their most interesting steals to date "Box of Scrap".  3.5lbs of scrappy goodness for $25 (retail value $95); it's like a mystery box & who can resist the allure of a mystery box?
Seriously folks $25 for all of that ^^^ Craziness!  Even John - a non-crafty man - commented on how nice most of it was as we (yes you read that correctly) were going through the box.  My heart did a pitter-patter when I saw all the goodies from Echo Park (middle), probably my favorite paper designer EVER.  I know the boxes were random but someone in Salt Lake must know us because Fancy Pants Design's bicycle embellishments (bottom middle) are perfect for a family that spends almost every weekend in the saddle.  I can't wait to find the right pictures to use them!  And I love the bright colors of the Lawn Fawn Collection (top) perfect for non-pastel spring/ summer pictures :-).

Among the scrap-gasm there was an oddity though, Jenni Bowlin (bottom left), never heard of it and can't say I was too impressed at first look.  But then after I got to thinking, it occurred to me that they have a French Provencal sort of feel to them and as if by magic my eyes came upon the picture of Erin & Marie from Disney World 2012.  I had been struggling with this picture because it was a solo print & there wasn't a strong story behind it but still it needed to be included in the album.  Now I had these "French" papers & a picture of a French cat w/ my daughter who must be part Parisian how perfect!  And just to keep the ScrapbookSteals theme going I used aquamarine sketch 4 to inspire the layout.


<--- The sketch from http://scrapbook.steals.com/wp/









<--- My interpretation using Authentique paper & the Jenni Bowlin papers & embellishments










Hope everyone has a enjoyable & relaxing rest of the weekend before insanity brews again!

No comments:

Post a Comment