Sunday, November 17, 2013

FAIL!...well not quite

Man Alive!! Has it really been over 2 months since I last had a few to myself to think & write?!  It doesn't seem like it & yet it feels like FOREVER since I've done anything just for me...which in turns feels like a MEGA fail to me.   I know from (too much) experience that if I don't carve out that alone-introspective-me-time then everything will far apart & that's not good for me, my ever suffering hubby or the poor kids.  And yet it's not really a fail because while it's true I haven't had time to myself or done anything for myself; it's not like I haven't done anything fun or fulfilling.  So while it could always be better it's not failure <-- I have to constantly remind myself of this!

And of course my alone/ me-time is usually spent crafting, which there has been no shortage of here lately.  I spent most of Sept & Oct making Halloween costumes for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.  And considering my forte lies in paper - not cloth - crafting that was a HUGE challenge.  But I actually like how they came out, as unusual as that is for me, of course I could nit-pick all the things that could be better but they were still pretty friggin' cute!

Mickey, Minnie, Donald & Daisy in their Halloween Garb
Inspiration from disneystore,com; Minnie costume was bought :-)


Better view of Dillon...I mean Mickey!

The front of our house is incredibly boring & I'm continually trying to improve the look of it - but of course with very little "extra" funds.  An easy way to spruce up the front door at least is wreaths, so I decided to make some new ones:

Halloween



And "Harvest"/ Fall

And then started on Christmas gifts; sneak peek a gift box for a card or other small gift:


And now I must be off to dinner to celebrate my 6 - SIX - year old's birthday - Now when did THAT happen?!


No comments:

Post a Comment