Monday, March 3, 2014

My favorite...

Anyone who knows me, knows that green is one of my favorite colors & St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite holidays - because duh! the color & because I'm Irish - & door wreaths have become one of my favorite crafts because it makes so easy to brighten up a dreary entry way.  Since winter has overstayed it's welcome I decided to make a new wreath for this Monday's Craft Madness.

I used a straw wreath form for a more rustic & natural look, with 3 layers of ribbon for fullness

This little shamrock is from a bigger cut file "Lucky" from the Silhouette store.  I cut the off-set out of the corrugated cardstock for some extra texture & the shape from shimmer cardstock.

This is also a cut file from the Silhouette store, base layer is coverstock with vellum in the middle & the shimmer cardstock on top.  After I had it assembled, I decided I didn't like the shamrocks included in the file so I replaced them with some extra layered ones.

Overall, I like the way it came out (although I won't mess with straw again!), it's "Spring-y" enough to chase the dreary winter away but not overwhelming.  And since it fits the personality of our home so well I can keep it up after the holiday :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment