Thursday, March 6, 2014

Silhouette Weekly Challenge

Silhouette posted a new challenge this week to make an apparel or accessory item with Silhouette materials which was convenient since I was already making these:


Erin's new soccer league is fantastic (SO much better then the last) but there's only 2 girls for every 6 boys so very male dominated.  So I thought it would be fun to make team spirit bows for the few girls on her team.  I made basic bows with ribbon then used Silhouette Heat Transfer Smooth Material for the lettering.  My first experience with this material (for a Dr. Seuss Day shirt) was frustrating to say the least but I was pleasantly surprised how much easier it was this time.  The only issue this time was due to my own stupidity - I cut & weeded it ALL out & then realized I forgot to mirror the letters first *face palm*. 

After I finished them all, I persuaded Erin to model hers for me ;-)

 Although didn't have her attention for long...so hard to compete with Disney!

No comments:

Post a Comment