Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Easter 'egg'-stravagenza!

Bring on the Easter crafts!  First the shirts I made for my kids & my niece in OH; I wanted the shirts to match but for different genders across 3 sizes that's a lot harder then it sounds.  After going to 4 different stores I ended up with various blue stripes (all from Target if you're curious).  I used the yellow flocked heat transfer material from Silhouette which cut beautifully but was a pain to actually get ironed on.  I don't know if it's me, the material or the iron but it took a good 3 mins per chick! Originally the middle chick (Dillon) was supposed to have a blue bow tie but it would not come off the transfer no matter how hard I tried, I ended up cutting 3 sets & using up all my blue material :-(.  Overall though I was happy with how they came out until I realized you couldn't see the black lettering on Dillon's blue shirt very well  but not like he cares, lol. (entered to Silhouette blog's weekly challenge)

In addition to the shirt we sent our niece a little book & some Little People (because really what kid doesn't "need" Little People toys :-P.  Then of course I had to make her card, using Lori Whitlock's spinwheel as a base, turn the dial to find 'Erin & Dillon', 'Uncle & Aunt', 'Mom & Dad' & 'Grandma & Poppa'.  The bunny is another Silhouette file customized with some glittered flock to give some texture & visual interest.  The corners of the wheel base kept coming up so I went around the edges with some My Mind's Eye washi tape. The paper is from Lawn Fawn's Bright-Side collection. Entered to ScrapbookSteals Monday Craft Madness


Also made three other cards, Easter bunny card & (very) belated birthday card for my mom (horrible daughter I know!) & Easter card for my Grandma.  The bunny card is a very simple cutout with the lettering down with sketch pens in 'par-tay tyme' font.  


For the birthday card, I figured that as long as it was so very late I might as well have fun with the play on words ;-).  I cut the honeycomb pattern out of acetate to use as a reusable stencil, then sprayed it with gold ink.  The title I planned to cut out of corrugated material layered with cardstock but Silhouette Studio kept crashing & I really need to get this card & gift in the mail so I hand wrote (gasp!) with a calligraphy pen.



 The Easter card for my Grandma was really fun with all it's flaps!  I really love interactive cards that do more then just sit in your hand.  I typed out 9 Easter phrases (in tall sketch font) on the insert pieces & used my Silhouette to sketch & cut them out, have I mentioned how I love sketch pens? :-D

Now I just need to put together a couple dozen plastic eggs for Erin's class party, make a couple a couple dozen Easter cookie & of course the obligatory dying of eggs ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment