Monday, April 14, 2014

Mid-Week Mojo #9

So the whole stay healthy thing didn't happen :-(, blerg.  But still managed to get a few things done, I'll do an "Easter" post hopefully tomorrow but for today I finished Mid-Week Mojo #9 with just a few hours to spare!  As usual the sketch can be found on ScrapbookSteals' blog :-).


I have to admit, I will be so happy when this series is done because that'll mean the mini display is done!  These 6 x 6 layouts have been an interesting challenge (not always successful in my own view) but I long for the comfort & space of my usual 12 x 12.  However, I am learning to enjoy & thereby play with the "shabby chic" style of Erin's teacher (whom this is for if you remember). On this layout I played with distressing the edges & corners of the layered pieces, scuffed up the pocket card as well because it originally looked too shiny with everything else.  On the photo mat I played even more first dying it with a combo of alcohol ink & water, then lightly going over it with a sander while wet.  Once it dried I went over again with the sander & distressed the edges - You can probably see the small tear from where I went a little too deep but it'll be covered by the picture eventually so oh well ;-).  Originally I got these Heidi Swapp flowers in a Box of Scrap & had no clue what to do with them but now I have fallen in love, they are so easy to ink/ dye/ spray or otherwise customize!  For this one I first sprayed the whole flower in gold then used a wet paper towel with a little rose alcohol dye to create a marbled effect.  Overall I think this is one of my favorite layouts of this series & more successful interpretation of the larger sketch but hey what do I know? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment