Sunday, April 20, 2014

Mid-Week Mojo Rose #10

Whohoo we're finally here, #10 for the 6 x 6 mini album display!  The sketch is here, I kept fairly true to it this time but removed a few elements & shrank others to fit the 6 x 6 format.  So here's my take:

The most notable difference is the title box, I combined the sketch's "title" space & overlapping square element together in the one 2 x 3 wood veneer card (from Crate Paper) because I thought it was the perfect sentiment to end album.  Since it's a vertical card I also flipped the photo mat vertically to make it fit & flow together.  I also used a fabric covered brad (the pinwheel) & a chipboard banner (both from My Mind's Eye) in place of the paper squares in the sketch for some added dimension in a small space.

The background is embossed white paper (from Graphic 45), colored with 2 shades of Distress Ink and then sanded down to give a vintage shabby chic feel - I don't think you can tell in the photo but it has a pretty shimmery quality in real life :-). The remaining layers (all Pink Paislee) were each inked then sanded & inked again to create some depth. Other then the background coming a little darker then I'd like, I'm pretty happy with this LO but I think #9 is still my favorite of the series.

So next week starts a new series, I believe I'll be a lot more appreciative of the space in my usual 12 x 12 format from now on!  I also think that I'll assign a new "theme" to the next series since it seems to be a lot easier that way.  Happy Easter Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment