Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mid-Week Mojo Daisy #4

Oy...today has been one of those that makes you wonder why you do this whole parenting thing in the first place & you really have to remind yourself of things that make you smile.

Since Erin is in school, I told Dillon to play in his room most of the day for my own sanity :-P - the advantage of this being I could do Daisy sketch #4 once it was posted this morning...


I kept the colors somewhat muted to not overshadow the pictures; you also may notice that I eliminated the bottom horizontal piece from the sketch - I originally had it there but it made the whole layout too busy.  For the top piece I had originally tried a new stamping technique I learned (stamp into barely wet spackle & then color with alcohol ink), but once again it was just too busy & distracting so I'll have to try it on something else ;-).  The title card is embossed with zig-zags in gold shimmer for that all important shimmer factor.

Most of my past week has been taken up in trying to complete an album for my mother (yes late as usual) that will hopefully be done soon but until then here's a sneak peek:

And speaking of sneak peeks, Jennifer Boles, the photographer that did pictures for Erin's dance school this year sent us the proof (all rights retained by the original photographer - Jennifer Boles).  I - of course - think she's beautiful & sweet as can be here (a good reminder on days like today!).  Little Miss fought me hard on her make-up for this shoot, insisting that I was making her look terrible but immediately ate her own words when she saw the proof - haha vindicated! 



No comments:

Post a Comment