Monday, July 21, 2014

Midweek Mojo Pansy #3

This week's sketch was a challenge largely due to an inability to find proper photos to go with it - yes seriously!  No doubt I have a large box of photos waiting to be scrapped but none of them seemed to fit, I finally settled on pictures from the start of our Disney 2013 trip and came up with this:


Originally I had the castle & kids' photo matted separately to highlight the background paper (My Mind's Eye Collectable) but I it was visually busy & looked odd with the full length column on the left side.  Cards on top & bottom of left column are from Project Life Cinnamon Edition - I really don't like working with Project Life as intended but it has some great accent pieces! - I added a Teresa Collins stamp (with Peacock Feather Distress Ink) to the bottom one & a camera die cut (from an American Crafts Amy Tangerine Silhouette file).  To color the camera; I rubbed Rusty Hinge, Gathered Twig & Victorian Velvet Distress Ink on my craft mat then sprayed it with water & gold glimmer spray then pulled the diecut through the mix.  Finished it off with a small piece of washi through the lens & some pop dots for dimension.  

The camera paper (Chalk Studio) blended in with the rest of the brown so I brushed it with blue Gelato to make the title stand out.  The title is a Silhouette file welded together & cut out of (Chalk Studio) cardstock, then I inked it with Rusty Hinge & Gathered Twig Distress Ink.  After that was dry I covered it with Glossy Accents & Victorian Velvet Distress Glitter.  I was never a glitter fan before I found this stuff!  I just love the dimension it gives & adds sparkly interest without the "oh my gosh it so glittery!!"  look.  Disney World is one of my favorite places but the pages don't need to look like Tinkerbell exploded on them!
So now I have 2 pages done from Disney 2013, will they all be finished by Disney 2014? - I hope so!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment