Monday, July 14, 2014

MWM Pansy #2

I haven't had a lot of crafting time this week BUT when I saw this week's sketch I immediately knew which photo & papers should go with it.  It took until today but I finally carved out time to finish it (I mean who needs clean laundry anyway? ;-) )


This isn't a Halloween picture but these papers (from My Mind's Eye) go perfectly with the Monsters Inc scare theme.  The 1st strip is actually from one of the Collectible sets, it was originally a bright turquoise so I inked it with black soot Distress Ink to darken it.  The 3rd & 4th strips were printed kraft paper (All Hallow's Eve I think) that I inked with salty ocean & mowed grass Distress Ink.  I applied a thin layer of adhesive to hold them to the page & then used a wide stitch to attach them.  The title is a phrase by Lori Whitlock from Silhouette, coated with dimensional adhesive & then peacock feather Distress Glitter.  The journaling tag/ arrow did not photograph well, it's much lighter & easier to read in person - the arrow & stars are Echo Park shapes from Silhouette that I colored with alcohol inks.  And of course finally the picture itself, it was a "Magic Shot" done by the park's photographers :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment