Friday, August 7, 2015

Five for Friday

1. My always crafty eldest has gotten bit hard by the sewing bug (so it must skip a generation :-P), she can't quite control my machine yet but she loves to hand-sew & she adores owls.  So when I found a stuffed owl sewing kit at Hobby Lobby I knew it was meant for her ;-).  She is so diligent in making sure every stitch is just right that it took 2 hours just to complete the front face & then somehow she broke the needle (?!) so she couldn't complete the full project le sigh

2. Of course since Erin was in our study (at daddy's desk), Dillon just had to be in here as well.  Thankfully he had a new Lego set to keep him occupied as well ;-).  After he built the set I expected him to start tearing through the house like the crazy pre-schooler that is him.  But he surprised me & played for hours quietly with the new set at my feet - reminded me of when he was a young toddler & wouldn't leave my side for anything <3.
By the way, that mess behind him isn't mine (or John's), it's Erin's -- quite a while ago I read on May Flaum's blog  that she has an art bin just for her girls to make their own scrapbook layouts & cards.  At about the same time I was purging & reorganizing my own stash, I was just going to throw all the "rejects" in a yard sale grab bag box but made it hers instead.  The deal was she could have anything in it as long as she kept it neat - which worked for all of a week, le sigh redux :-P

3.  While the kids were happily occupied I was able to complete two more layouts for our Disney 2013 album - I'd really love to be "caught up on" Disney albums by the next time we go back but we shall see! .... When I have pictures that have a very similar theme but don't exactly go together or tell the same story, I like to use the same paper collection so the layouts coordinate (but don't match) & store them face-to-face in the album.  In this case I used My Mind's Eye Collectible collection with the addition of a few Idea-ology pieces & both layouts are based off Mid-Week Mojo sketches.


4. Mr. Duncan was being a goofy pup this morning & tunneled under my quilt to sleep,  staying there for hours.  How he didn't overheat with that much fur under a quilt in the middle of a FL summer I don't know....

5. It's back-to-school in just over a week & I'm far from ready, this year I need two sets of supplies (pre-K & 2nd) and needs shoes, clothes, haircut, new glasses oy!  The most frustrating thing about back-to-school shopping is the more Erin grows into "school-age" sizes the less I can find near home because most tourists do their shopping while down here on vacation.  And yes I know the obvious answer is "order online" but Erin is the world's pickiest dresser & even if she helped pick it out (off the screen) more then half would still be returned guaranteed :-/.  So this year I've come up with a new radical & quite possibly insane plan - we're going to drive all the way up to north AL (4-5 hrs away) and spend the whole day shopping in one of largest malls in the south and then spend the night in hotel before driving all the way back down.  Crazy? Yeah I think so... but I'm hoping it'll be some good mother-daughter time as well since I'm not crazy enough to drag husband & son up as well!  They're going to spend the day driving go-karts & eating wings ;-)..  Wish us luck! 



No comments:

Post a Comment