Sunday, January 29, 2017

New toys

Usually I hate that my birthday follows closely after Christmas because it ends up being an afterthought in my most peoples' minds (even my parents!) but this year I really can't complain because between the two I received lots of awesome new crafty/ art goodies.  With the craziness of the holidays & "100 Days of School" celebrations over I'm finally finding time to play with them all.

My dear husband made an order through Simon Says Stamp for my birthday & this "Magical Birthday" stamp set was included as a bonus, how awesome is that?!  Now first I have to share with you that he intended to give me Otterly Love You stamp & die set(s) by My Favorite Things because otters are one of my favorite animals; so ever since we were dating he tries to find new & different otter themed products for me (sweet correct? ;-) ) -- BUT he didn't realize stamps & dies are sold separately so he only bought the dies LOL!  Oh well, it's the the thought the counts is it not?!  I'll get the stamps eventually but until then....as soon as I saw this bonus Magical Birthday set I knew it would make an adorable birthday card for our niece.  She's turning 4 in February and what little girl doesn't love unicorns, rainbows & glitter?! The rainbow is colored with Fired Brick, Carved Pumpkin, Pine Needles & Faded Jeans distress markers at the top then used a water brush to fade the color down as it ends at the stars; the cloud is watercolored with Gansai Tambi White Gold mixed with Picket Fence Distress Crayon.  For the unicorn I wanted a mottled effect so I mixed Spun Sugar & Picket Fence Distress Crayons with Gansai Tambi White Gold watercolor .  The hooves & horn are done with gold gelato crayon & Gansai Tambi Champagne Gold, The mane & tail are watercolored with Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvert & Faded Lilac Distress Crayons.  The text is Black Soot Archival Ink & the stars are Starlite Silver Silver Brillance ink.  Finally mounted the panel on a piece of Authentique paper (from Jan Card kit) & then onto a pink card base.  On the inside I embossed "filled with sunshine & rainbows) & a cupcake also from this mini bonus set.



Of course with being blessed with all these amazing new goodies I had Thank you cards to make!  So I used many of them & made mini shaker cards (4 Bar) with the SSS Jan card kit, SSS Birch tree die , Lawn Fawn Happy Mail .  I also stamped matching wood envelopes for them but failed to photograph those, sorry!


No comments:

Post a Comment