Tuesday, February 7, 2017

True love is fresh brewed ;-)

My husband & I will not be able to celebrate Valentine's Day this year so we had our own celebrtion this past weekend.  I bought some of his favorite coffee & quickly dressed up the bag to present to him. Die cut a couple of hearts on my Cameo & covered the smaller one in Festive Berries, Candied Apple & Seedless Preserve Distress Crayons, then applied a baby wipe through the latticework stencil for a subtle shadow effect.  Then applied Black Soot Distress Ink through the Valentine stencil & Picket Fence Distress Crayon through Clockwork stencil ...this makes such a neat textural effect without waiting for texture paste to dry!  For the title I used the sketch function of my cameo & then carefully traced over it (& filled in) with a white Signo pen.  Finally the roses may not be the most masculine accent ever but the Simon exclusive die was begging to be used & fit in with the title so there ha!  I separated the pieces & watercolered the outline with Champagne Gold Gansai Tambi & the interior with Red Gold mixed with Festive Berries Distress Crayon.


For the card I used the leftover watercolor from the roses & applied them through the Clockwork stencil on watercolor paper & then die cut the cup (Fresh Brewed by Tim Holtz) out of it.  The rest of piece I die-cut from a clean piece of watercolor paper & then colored.  The center stamp is from Happy Mail by Lawn Fawn :-)  


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work, the heart on the bag has so much depth to it.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge X

    ReplyDelete