Sunday, May 29, 2016

A wish...

"A wish is a dream your heart makes"

This quote/song is one of my all-time favorites and came to my mind when I saw this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Make A Wish".  Immediately the idea for a heart shaped dream catcher for my daughters' room came to my mind...but it's already Sunday & I only have a few child-free hours to get teacher gift(s) done so it'll have to be tabled for another time ;-).

Instead I'd like to share the Happy Birthday (wish) card I sent to my Grandma.


I finally got my hands on Tim Holtz's new Distress Crayons & *swoon*  I think I have a new favorite medium.  On this card I used Distress Crayons to color in my Crazy Bird & also for the edging.  I went for an ombre effect through stencil on the background (done with Distress Ink).  I wanted a little bit texture so spread colored texture paste through another stencil & finished off with a hand-lettered "Happy Birthday" musical score.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day & remembers those who have given all ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Such a fabulous card, love the crazy bord and the stenciled background. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete